Information about our organization and websites
Types of information we collect and use
In this policy, "personal information" or "personal data" means information about an identifiable individual that is subject to protection under the law in the jurisdiction in which you reside. In some jurisdictions, "personal information" or "personal data" will not include business contact information. The Carmel Website collects information through a variety of different ways and for different purposes.
- VIP membership - When you sign up for a VIP membership through the Carmel Websites, you will be requested to provide certain personal information (such as your name, email address and account password). This information will enable us to create an account dedicated to you to enable you to access our services and manage your account.
- Reservations - When you make a reservation on the Carmel Websites, you will be requested to provide certain financial information (such credit card, bank account information and other payment related information). The financial information collected from you will be used only to bill you for the services that you have requested or purchased. We maintain all credit card, bank account and payment information in encrypted form on secure servers. We do not retain your credit card information after processing a payment unless you grant us permission to retain your credit card information for future purchases.
- User communications - When you send email or other communication to us through the Carmel Websites, we may retain those communications in order to process your inquiries, respond to your requests and improve our services.
- Cookies and other digital markers - When you visit the Carmel Websites, we automatically collect technical information about your visit through cookies or other digital markers (such as browser type, Internet service provider, platform type, internet protocol (IP) addresses, referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp). Cookies and other digital markers are small computer files that may be stored on your computer's hard drive or embedded in our website pages that enable us to identify you and track your visit on the Carmel Website. We do not associate this information with other information about you. We aggregate this information for reporting about the Carmel Websites to analyze trends, diagnose problems with our server, administer the Carmel Website, to track user movement and use, and to gather broad demographic information. Most browsers are initially set up to accept cookies, but you can reset your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, some Carmel features and services may not function properly if your cookies are disabled. Carmel systems do not have functionality to receive or recognize a Do-Not-Track signal sent by a customer through a browser.
We may also use your contact information to send you information about other Carmel products and services as well as customized content and promotional materials that may be of interest to you. If you do not want to receive these promotional announcements, you may opt-out when you provide us with contact information or at any time after you register (see the Opt-Out section below).
Communications from Carmel
Once you register, from time to time, we will send you a communications about your account, including but not limited to verification of your username and password. We will also respond to your inquiries, provide services you request and manage your account. We will communicate with you by email or telephone and will make every effort to honor your preference. We will also send you information on new products, services, special savings, promotions and general information. If you do not want to receive this information, you can opt-out of receiving future mailings (see Opt-Out section below).
When necessary, Carmel will send you service-related announcements, which are not promotional in nature. If you do not wish to receive them, you may deactivate your account with the Carmel Website.
Please note that we do not provide your email address to our business partners. However, we may send you offers on behalf of our business partners. You can opt out from receiving email offers from Carmel as described below.
Sharing of information
Carmel does not disclose personal data with third parties for their own use without your permission. However, in some cases, Carmel may be required to share information as a result of applicable law. For example, Carmel may be required to disclose information as a result of a court order, subpoena or warrant. In addition, we may, subject to applicable law, voluntarily provide information in order to assist in a law enforcement investigation or where the disclosure is necessary to protect our systems, our business or the rights of others.
Storage of your information
Carmel stores personal information on our servers in the United States of America and in other countries. We may store personal information to provide our own services or we may store personal information on behalf of a third party, such as our advertising partners.
How to delete your Carmel account?
If you no longer wish to keep your Carmel account, you can delete it at any time.
You will lose all the data associated with that account, such as your personal info, favorite addresses, stored credit cards, Carmel Points & Car Cash earned.
Steps to delete your Carmel account:
- Login to your account on: www.carmellimo.com
- Expand the drop down menu on the right by clicking your name, or by clicking Menu on the left and clicking your name.
- Click on Data & Privacy.
- Click on the button "Delete your Carmel account".
- You will receive an email with a link to delete the account.
- Once you click on the link, a request to delete the account will be created, and the account will be deleted within 14 days.
- You will get notification when the request was successfully processed.
If you changed your mind and it has been less than 14 days since you made your request to delete your account, you can cancel your account deletion by signing in to your account again and following the on-screen reactivation instructions. If you did not change your mind within 14 days of making request to delete you account, you will permanently lose access to your account, your data, and it would no longer be recoverable.
Carmel is committed to protecting the privacy needs of children and we encourage parents and guardians to take an active role in their children's online activities and interests. Carmel does not knowingly collect information from children under the age of 13 and Carmel does not target its websites to children under 13.
Your choices and opting-out
Carmel gives you the choice of receiving a variety of information that complements our products and services. You can subscribe to receive certain product-and service-specific information and Carmel marketing communications. Carmel communications may include new product information, special offers, or an invitation to participate in market research. Carmel provides you the opportunity to "opt-out" of having your personal data used for certain purposes when we ask for this information. If you no longer wish to receive our promotional communications, you may opt-out of receiving them by emailing us at https://www.carmellimo.com/ContactUs.shtml. Please type "Opt-Out" in the subject-line.
Access to and accuracy of your information
We will provide you with access to your information, including making reasonable effort to provide you with online access and the opportunity to change your information. To protect your privacy and security, we will also take reasonable steps to verify your identity, such as a password and user ID, before granting access to your data. We ask users of the Carmel to identify themselves and the information requested to be accessed, corrected or removed before processing such requests, and we may decline to process requests that jeopardize the privacy of others or would be extremely impractical (for instance, requests concerning information residing on backup tapes).
Keeping your information secure
Carmel does not guarantee or warrant the security of our servers nor can we guarantee that information you supply through the Carmel Website will not be intercepted while being transmitted over the Internet. We follow generally accepted industry standards to protect the personal data submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. When you enter sensitive information (such as credit card information) on our registration or order forms, we encrypt that information using secured socket layer technology.
In the event that Carmel goes through a business transition, such as a merger, acquisition by another company or sale of all or a portion of its assets, your personal information will likely be among the assets transferred.
Terms and Conditions
Copyright © 2017 Baron T, Ltd. All rights reserved. Baron T, Ltd., 2642 Broadway, New York, NY, 10025, USA